Marcelin Housing Authority
The Marcelin Housing Authority, on behalf of Saskatchewan Housing Corporation, offers the Social Housing Program. The Program is designed to ensure that safe, adequate housing is available to those who could not otherwise afford it. Our tenants benefit from a safe place to call home, a community they can enjoy and peace of mind.
Applicants may be considered for social housing only if they are an intended client:
Senior Housing (10 units)
- Individuals or couples, 55 years of age or older
- Individuals near the age of 55 with a permanent physical or cognitive disability
Family Housing (1 unit)
- Households with children or adult dependents
Further to this, applicants must meet income and asset limit requirements to be eligible for the Social Housing Program. All applicants are required to complete an application form and provide verification of income and assets, as requested. Information provided by applicants is kept strictly confidential.
** All persons interested in accessing the Social Housing Program in Marcelin should contact:
Linda Raby, Manager
Marcelin Housing Authority
Applications are reviewed for eligibility and approved by the housing authority board of directors. Once approved, units are allocated upon availability on a priority based, point score system. The point score system considers adequacy, suitability and affordability when determining the priority of need.
- Rent is based on income – 30% of gross household income, collected via pre-authorized payment.
- Units are smoke free – No smoking in the units by tenants or guests
- Marcelin Housing Authority has a ‘No Pets’ policy that applies to tenants and guests.
- Senior Housing tenants are responsible for obtaining and paying for their own power. Heat, water/sewer and grounds keeping are included in the rent. Parking charges may apply.
- Family Housing tenants are responsible for obtaining and paying for all utilities. A heating allowance may be provided to the tenant to subsidize a portion of the heating costs for the unit. Tenant is responsible for grounds keeping. (i.e. lawn mowing, weeding, snow removal, etc.)
The Marcelin Housing Authority is governed by a five member volunteer Board of Directors who have been appointed by the Minister of Social Services.
Current Directors are:
Mrs. Patricia Diehl, Chairperson (Phone: 306-226-2062)
Mrs. Denise Bonin, Vice-Chair
Mrs. Fran Ferster, Secretary
Mrs. Sue Bold
Ms. Caroline Wilson
Any questions related to the Marcelin Housing Authority should first be directed to the manager. If unable to contact the manager, please contact the board chairperson.